Sustainability has been a concern to businesses for a number of years, but the recent Global crisis and extreme weather conditions have shifted the emphasis and companies are recognising that environmental issues could be more damaging to the World than the pandemic.
In May of this year the UK Government called on micro businesses to take practical steps to cut emissions as part of the UK’s journey to net zero by 2050.
Over the past decade Dynex have consciously taken simple and practical steps to protect the planet and recognise the benefits of growing a low carbon business. Our policy is to reduce pollution, work in a sustainable way by using renewable energy and recycling materials as much as possible. Since 2000 we have been signed up to the UK Government’s Climate Change Agreement (CCA) which sets energy reduction targets for the semiconductor industry. We have Environmental Management & Energy Management systems and have ISO14001 & ISO50001 accreditation.
Steps Dynex have taken to reduce our carbon and water foot print
- Solar Photovoltaic panels installed on roof to building where Research and Development for high power semiconductors and assemblies is carried out, generating an average of 42,952kwh/year
- All electricity purchased from the grid is produced from renewable sources
- Waste paper and magazines are recycled saving in excess of 100 trees per year
- Ferrous & non-ferrous metals, cardboard, plastic, glass and wooden pallets are also all recycled
- We use a Combined Heat and Power (CHP) system which provides electricity and 75% of our hot water required for heating
- All light fittings throughout the site are being converted to LED lights which is reducing our carbon footprint
- We treat all factory waste water before discharging from our effluent plant and have a Trade Effluent Consent from Anglian Water for discharge to sewer.
- Employees are incentivised to purchase cleaner vehicles and Dynex have installed two pods giving four electric vehicle charging points onsite.
- When plant equipment is due for replacement, we invest in those that are more energy efficient.
- Dynex offers employees a ‘bike to work’ scheme to allow them to purchase discounted bicycles and encourage leaving their cars at home.
- We maintain a number of mature trees onsite and are planning to add additional trees on available green spaces
- Abatement systems are used to remove toxic waste from our processes thereby reducing air pollution
- The site is extensively operated by a building management system enabling tight control of systems to reduce energy consumption
Dynex is one of the world’s leading designers and manufactures of high power semiconductors and assemblies. We are proud to contribute to the preservation of the environment through an Environmental Management System and believe the protection of the environment to be an integral part of good business practice.