Stores Group Leader
We are currently seeking to appoint a Stores Group Leader to work within our Stores department. The main responsibilities for the Stores Group Leader will be to support the Logistics Manager in ensuring that the Goods Inwards, Stores & Despatch functions are completed in line with work scheduling requirements & meeting the key performance indicators for the areas. To highlight any concerns/areas for improvement and ensure that they are dealt with swiftly with a view to minimising impact to departmental activities. One of the key projects will be to implement a new bar coding system within the Stores department.
Job Title: Stores Group Leader
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Salary: £23,000 - £28,000
Shift: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday – Thursday and 8.30am – 4.30pm on a Friday with a 60 minute unpaid lunch
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are currently seeking to appoint a Stores Group Leader to join our already well established Stores team.
The main responsibilities for the Stores Group Leader will be to support the Logistics Manager in ensuring that the Goods Inwards, Stores & Despatch functions are completed in line with work scheduling requirements & meeting the key performance indicators for the areas. To highlight any concerns/areas for improvement and ensure that they are dealt with swiftly with a view to minimising impact to departmental activities. One of the key projects will be to implement a new bar coding system within the Stores department.
The chosen Stores Group Leader will possess excellent communication and organisational skills. You will be a keen motivator with a flexible and positive attitude. You must have experience of working in a manufacturing environment with knowledge of production techniques and processes.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Oversee the day to day running of the department and liaising with other key departments in delivering outputs.
- Ensure that all activities in the Goods Inwards & Stores areas are done in a controlled manner; ensuring stock accuracy is treated as a priority.
- Ensure that all activities in the Despatch area are done in a controlled manner; ensuring On Time Delivery & Quality are treated as the priorities.
- Review packaging procedures and packaging stocks to improve efficiency and reduction in costs.
- Anticipate problems that may affect production and put in place measures to ensure continued production.
- Liaise with line manager in cases where production will not meet requirements, reasons why and what corrective action has been taken to prevent re-occurrence in the future.
- Ensure most appropriate and cost effective transport methods are used; whilst ensuring customer requirements are met.
- Ensure customer orders are shipped using the correct Incoterms.
- Ensure Epicor & Exportmaster software’s are always up to date with transactions as they are physically performed.
- Work with Commercial Services to ensure all legal requirements regarding the shipping of products are adhered to.
- Ensure stock counting procedures are adhered to and stock checks are up to date.
- Implement a stock turn culture where old stock is used first.
- Review team performance, report and make recommendations for improvement to the line manager.
- Familiar with the functions and processes associated with Goods Inwards, Stock Control, Part Issuing and Despatching of goods.
- IOSH Managing Safely certificate is desirable
- Working knowledge of Incoterms 2010 and ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & ISO 50001
- Knowledge of customs clearance procedures
- Working knowledge of bar-coding system and equipment
- Strong Problem solving skills
- 2 years proven experience of working within a Warehouse/Stores environment.
- Minimum of 2 years people management experience in a supervisory capacity
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty