Senior Test Engineer
The Senior Test Engineer will work primarily on characterisation of high power IGBT devices from 650V to 6.5K. The Senior Test Engineers work will involve submission of data sheets, application notes and supporting documentation for transfer to production.
Job title: Senior Test Engineer
Department: Research and Development Centre - Modules
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Salary: £27,000 - £35,000
Other: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are searching for a Senior Test Engineer to preform and report on standard electrical testing for our IGBT products.
The role will work primarily on characterisation of high power IGBT devices from 650V to 6.5K. The Senior Test Engineers work will involve submission of data sheets, application notes and supporting documentation for transfer to production.
As the Senior Test Engineer you’ll have a keen eye for attention to detail and be analytical in your approach. The Senior Test Engineer will be able to solve problems and communicate with multidisciplinary teams effectively. You’ll show initiative but also be capable of working well in a team.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Our benefits include:
• 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
• Holiday allowance increase with length of service
• Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
• Bupa healthcare
• Free on site car parking
• Subsidised canteen
• Contributory Pension
• Life assurance
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Company sick pay
• Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
• Family Friendly policies
• An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
• Perform and report on standard electrical testing of IGBT products
• Perform datasheet generation of IGBT based products
• Perform extraordinary IGBT product testing
• Assist with customer IGBT technical enquiries
• Assist with IGBT product qualification tests
• Assist with transfer to production of new products
• Contributing on projects that involve teams of specialists and generalists
• Presenting complex information to people inside and outside of the business
• Preform adhoc duties as deemed reasonable by your line manager
• Bachelors degree in Physics, power electronics, electrical and electronic engineer or relevant work experience
• Industrial experience in test
• Experience in high voltage testing on power semiconductors
• Familiar with MOS power semiconductors – preferably silicone IGBT
• Continuous Improvement
• Engineering Excellence
• Performance Driven
• Accountability and responsibility
• Integrity and honesty