Senior Test and Reliability Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Test and Reliability Engineer to work within our R&D Centre. The role will work primarily on characterisation of high power IGBT devices from 650V to 6.5K. The Senior Test and Reliability Engineers work will involve submission of data sheets, application notes and supporting documentation for transfer to production.
Job title: Senior Test and Reliability Engineer
Department: Research and Development Centre
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other: Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday -Thursday and 8.30am -4.30pm on a Friday (one hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are searching for a Senior Test and Reliability Engineer to preform and report on standard electrical testing for our IGBT products.
The role will work primarily on characterisation of high power IGBT devices from 650V to 6.5K. The Senior Test and Reliability Engineers work will involve submission of data sheets, application notes and supporting documentation for transfer to production.
As the Senior Test and Reliability Engineer you’ll have a keen eye for attention to detail and be analytical in your approach. The Senior Test and Reliability Engineer will be able to solve problems and communicate with multidisciplinary teams effectively. You’ll show initiative but also be capable of working well in a team.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Working in a team to focus on power module reliability and health monitoring of existing/new products.
- Contributing own knowledge and experiences in design team to setup power electronics module reliability platform.
- Setting up prognostics and health management systems for power modules.
- Working on reliability investigation of high power modules and new design modules.
- Conducting reliability tests and experiments to check component performance, providing reliability data and findings for reliability analysis and improvement.
- Working together with power assembly team/design team/process team to analyse and optimise power system/power module challenges
- Assisting colleagues in reliability designing of different EM/thermal/mechanical in detail and dealing with difficulties/problems which met in the design/process/manufacturing
- Bachelors degree in Physics, power electronics, electrical and electronic engineer or relevant work experience
- Industrial experience in test
- Experience in high voltage testing on power semiconductors
- Familiar with MOS power semiconductors – preferably silicone IGBT
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty