Senior System Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior System Engineer. Responsible for R&D project management and plan making for automotive power electronic products. Conduct electrical system simulation and design. Formulate technical specifications and mutual interfaces among components. Look for suitable components and purchase them to support overall product integration development. Conduct system commissioning and manage deliverable results/reports. Support technical communication & cooperation inside and outside the company. Provide other day-to –day administrative support to the whole team.
Job title: Senior System Engineer
Department: System Technology Department
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
Responsible for R&D project management and plan making for automotive power electronic products. Conduct electrical system simulation and design. Formulate technical specifications and mutual interfaces among components. Look for suitable components and purchase them to support overall product integration development. Conduct system commissioning and manage deliverable results/reports. Support technical communication & cooperation inside and outside the company. Provide other day-to –day administrative support to the whole team.
Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Responsible for development of automotive power electronic products, including main traction inverter, DC12V and DC48V converter and on board AC/DC charger;
- Formulate project program and be in charge of development progress and budget expenditure;
- Conduct overall system design, including but not limited to demand analysis, scheme design and electrical system simulation;
- Define necessary technical specification and interfaces for each component and carry on detailed development;
- Responsible for overall system integration, including sourcing components, related procurement and prototype;
- Responsible for overall system commissioning, consisting of compiling test program and results for further assessment;
- Examine the whole product design progress and archive related deliverable documents;
- Transfer validated products to production line and follow up later technical requirements;
- Investigate frontier technology and market demand on corresponding power electronic product;
- Participate in technology and product roadmap formulation;
- Necessary technical communication and bidding related with power electronic products;
- Provide other day-to-day administrative support to the whole team;
Core Skills and Education
- A degree with related subjects of electronic Information, electrical automation, computer
- at least 8 years’ relevant working experience
- 5 years and above of automotive electrics products development experience
- Familiar with and rich understanding on electrical vehicle power electronics product development process
- Familiar with related standards and laws & regulations
- Proficiency in CAD/CAE/Office software
- Attention to detailed work and accurate work information
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty