Senior R&D CAD Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit a Senior R&D CAD Engineer to work within our R&d Centre: Semiconductors. The successful candidate will work with IGBT, bipolar, and SiC chip development teams to design and layout photomasks for the production of new generation semiconductor products. Working closely with engineering to develop detailed knowledge, understanding, and practical experience of manufacturing processes will be an essential part of this role.
Job Title: Senior R&D CAD Engineer
Department: Research and Development Centre
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other: Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday -Thursday and 8.30am -4.30pm on a Friday (one hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are searching for a Senior R&D CAD Engineer to work within our R&D Centre: Semiconductors.
The successful candidate will work with IGBT, bipolar, and SiC chip development teams to design and layout photomasks for the production of new generation semiconductor products. Working closely with engineering to develop detailed knowledge, understanding, and practical experience of manufacturing processes will be an essential part of this role.
The successful candidate will also use their expertise of 2D/3D CAD drawing to work on engineering projects (within teams) focused mainly on introducing new IGBT module products to market as rapidly as possible. This role works within a demanding and challenging environment so flexibility is essential.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- BUPA Health Scheme
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Working with engineering teams, use 2D chip layout software to design and procure photomasks for new generation semiconductor products.
- Work with engineering to develop a detailed knowledge, understanding and practical experience of manufacturing processes to enhance the chip layout role. Develop some understanding of device physics.
- Provide 2D/3D CAD drawing expertise on projects as a team member, resource and/or assistance to engineering. Contributing towards projects involving teams of specialists and non-specialists.
- Providing written reports and oral presentations.
- Working with management to ensure continuous improvement of CAD procedures, capability, data management and overall operational effectiveness.
- Bachelor Degree (Hons) in a Science or Engineering subject
- Industrial experience using 2D CAD layout drawing tools and 2D/3D CAD software tools
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices & fabrication principles would be an advantage
- Good attention to detail, analytical in approach
- Self-motivated, ambitious, showing initiative & leadership qualities.
- Effective communicator with specialist and non-specialist colleagues, multi-disciplinary teams.
- Ability to solve engineering like problems, make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Ability to work well independently and/or as part of a team.
- Flexible to meet business demands.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty