Senior Module Process Development Engineer
We are currently looking for a Senior Module Process Development Engineer. This role will be responsible for power device packaging process development, in charge go the manufacture ability design of power semiconductor module, including soldering process, USW process, wire bonding, gel filling.
Job title: Senior Module Process Development Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
This role will be responsible for power device packaging process development, in charge go the manufacturability design of power semiconductor module, including soldering process, USW process, wire bonding, gel filling.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Responsible for the manufacturability design and review, including but not limit die attaching, soldering, wire bonding, USW, gel filling.
- Responsible for soldering process of power device packaging, to ensure the normal production of the soldering process
- Debug and optimize the soldering process to guarantee the soldering process meet the required specifications
- Participate in new packaging process development, such as soldering, silver sintering, TLP, etc., and promoting product implementation.
- Solve the existing process problem in production, improve yield and analyse defective products.
- Responsible for the formulation and implementation of the process test plan;
- Development of equipment required for the packaging process;
- Assist structural engineers to design and process welding fixtures;
- Define working documents such as job instructions, inspection standards, equipment maintenance specifications, and related training for operators.
Core Skills and Education
- A Degree or equivalent in a microelectronics, semiconductor, physics, materials and other related subjects;
- At least 3 years of experience in R&D of power device packaging process
- Solid background in power device packaging process, microelectronics, semiconductor physics, and materials science.
- Familiar with various packaging processes and equipment
- Familiar with reflow soldering process
- Familiar with quality analysis and process solutions of various soldering products of power module
- Understand the failure analysis of the power module
- Know about Solid Edge or other 3D design software
- Understand the working principle and application of power devices
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty