We are currently looking to appoint a Senior Buyer to work within our Procurement department. The Senior Buyer will be responsible for overseeing the Procurement activity for production materials and research and development projects for the Company and to provide a cost effective and value added Procurement service.
Job Title: Senior Buyer
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 08:30 – 17:00 Monday -Thursday and 08:30 -16:30 on a Friday (1hour unpaid lunch)
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are seeking to appoint a highly experienced Senior Buyer to work within the Procurement team.
The Senior Buyer will be responsible for overseeing the Procurement activity for production materials and research and development projects for the Company and to provide a cost effective and value added Procurement service.
As the Senior Buyer you will ideally be MCIPS qualified (or working towards) and you will have worked in a similar role with a proven track record of delivering results. The role is based within a busy office environment working across several departments so excellent organisational and planning skills are a must. The successful applicant must be able to take charge and lead with assertiveness whilst building trust and confidence as well as possessing excellent listening skills with the ability to negotiate with and persuade others.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays pro rata
- Free on site car parking
- BUPA Health Insurance
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Direct line management for an existing Buyer
- Manage the purchase of production and research & development materials and requirements
- Provide Procurement and commercial support to projects across the business
- Developing and delivering commercially robust category strategies to meet production needs, reduce supply chain cost and risk and improve service levels.
- Relentlessly seeking best value through the procurement cycle
- Maintenance of procurement information and production of monthly reports
- Ensuring compliance with EU procurement legislation
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders across the business in order to gain an understanding of their needs to improve the service provided.
- Manage the introduction of new parts and products into the supply chain to meet cost, quality and project schedule requirements.
- Implement, maintain and monitor contractual agreements and statements of work where appropriate to protect the interests of Dynex
- Negotiate Terms & Conditions and Non-Disclosure Agreements with suppliers.
- Take responsibility for all aspects of supplier quality
- Apply engineering, manufacturing & quality expertise to reduce cost, cycle time and to drive efficiencies though the supply chain
- With the support of the Procurement Manager manage the performance and on-going development of direct reports
- Deputise for the Procurement Manager when required
- Ideally MCIPS qualified or equivalent experience within a similar role
- Qualifications in electrical / mechanical engineering or equivalent related qualification would be an advantage
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience as a purchasing professional
- Track record of delivering sustainable cost reductions
- Must understand manufacturing processes and systems
- Able to read and interpret engineering drawings
- Experience of implementing Supplier Relationship Management
- Experience of applying continuous improvement techniques to solve complex problems
- Proven ability to analyse, interpret and act upon large amounts of information, with a keen attention to detail
- Experience of contract negotiation including terms & conditions and non-disclosure agreements
- Computer literate with practical experience of ERP systems (Epicor preferred)
- Excellent presentation skills with experience of presenting strategies to senior levels within suppliers and own business
- Adaptable and ready to challenge existing practices and find alternatives
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty