Reliability and Qualification Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Reliability and Qualification Engineer to work within our R&D Centre: Semiconductors department. The Reliability and Qualification Engineer will work in a ‘hands on role’ as part of small engineering team supervising the suite of qualification testers for high power discrete semiconductors. Your duties will mainly be taking responsibility for the day to day running of qualification and reliability testing of products. This will require liaising closely with R&D and production in order to manage access to parts and test facilities.
Job Title: Reliability and Qualification Engineer
Department: Research and Development Centre
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other: Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday -Thursday and 8.30am -4.30pm on a Friday (one hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are searching for a Reliability and Qualification Engineer to work within our R&D Centre: Semiconductors.
The Reliability and Qualification Engineer will work in a ‘hands on role’ as part of small engineering team supervising the suite of qualification testers for high power discrete semiconductors. Your duties will mainly be taking responsibility for the day to day running of qualification and reliability testing of products. This will require liaising closely with R&D and production in order to manage access to parts and test facilities.
As the Reliability and Qualification Engineer you will have excellent time management skills and the ability to present data in a meaningful way that gains understanding by a diverse audience. You will be an effective communicator with specialist and non-specialist colleagues and work well independent as well as part of a team.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Daily supervision and control of reliability and qualification test equipment i.e. load, unloading and supervising during runs
- Pre and post-test characterisation using both standard production facilities and specialised testers
- Collating and reporting outcome of testing
- Ensure report outcome s are fed back to relevant personnel within company
- Working with and contributing towards projects that may involve teams of specialists and non-specialists both within the R&D Centre and manufacturing groups
- Presenting complex information to colleagues in and outside of the team ensuring that it is appropriate in order to gain the understanding of both technical and non-technical staff
- Create and establish effective working relationships with key personnel ensuring best practice is shared across the group
- Interact effectively with external bodies in the development and promotion of Dynex products; research institutions, suppliers and customers
- Degree or equivalent in relevant science and or engineering/mechanical engineering subject
- HNC or equivalent in engineering/mechanical engineering or a physical science plus 2 years’ experience in an appropriate engineering environment
- Experience of Microsoft packages
- Demonstratable knowledge of solving engineering problems and to make appropriate recommendations for improvement
- Flexible to meet business demands
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty