Purchase Ledger Clerk
We are looking for an additional Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our already established Purchase Ledger team within our Finance Department. You will be jointly responsible for, with our existing Purchase Ledger Clerk, ensuring that supplier invoices and credit notes are distributed to relevant departmental heads and Senior Managers for authorisation in line with financial timescales and approval policies. You will also ensure that any outstanding invoices are followed up and process all approved supplier invoices and credit notes onto the Purchase Ledger.
Job Title: Purchase Ledger Clerk
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Salary: £16,000 - £19,000
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Monday -Thursday and 8:30 -16:30 on a Friday (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are looking for an additional Purchase Ledger Clerk to join our already established Purchase Ledger team within our Finance Department.
You will be jointly responsible for, with our existing Purchase Ledger Clerk, ensuring that supplier invoices and credit notes are distributed to relevant departmental heads and Senior Managers for authorisation in line with financial timescales and approval policies. You will also ensure that any outstanding invoices are followed up and process all approved supplier invoices and credit notes onto the Purchase Ledger.
As the Purchase Ledger Clerk you will have experience in similar position and looking to increase your exposure in a fast paced environment. You will have strong organisational skills and a strong aptitude for numeracy. You will also be a competent user Microsoft Office specifically Excel.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Undertake all activities associated with the Good Received Not Invoiced process
- Manage activities for batching, matching and coding of all supplier invoices and credit notes in line with financial procedures
- Prepare and process payment lists for payments to suppliers on a regular basis for all payment methods.
- Resolve all invoice disputes through close contact with the supplier, Stores and Procurement.
- Manage Pro-forma payments to suppliers and ensure VAT documentation is obtained where necessary.
- Manage the Vendor Rejection process resolving any issues accordingly.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Maintain the Purchase Ledger and GRNI report in good order.
- Co-ordinate all supplier information, preparing reports accordingly for purchase ledger.
- Undertake reconciliations as necessary for the role and its activities.
- File and archive invoices and statements.
- Co-ordinate and manage checking of all VAT relevant to goods inwards (national and international) ensuring all invoices and VAT is calculated in accordance with HMRC regulations. To identify any VAT anomalies/queries and to action accordingly with suppliers or shipping agents.
- Collate Deferred VAT data for Imports for use in the monthly VAT Returns.
- Liaise with all internal departments as required in the conduct of duties i.e. Procurement/Operations.
- Contribute and participate in activities for month end.
- AAT qualified or working towards desirable
- 5 GCSE Grades A-C specifically in English Literacy and Maths
- A minimum of 1 – 2 years in a similar role
- Ability to work and deal with a diverse workforce, at all levels
- Able to work to strict deadlines
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Conscientious and cooperative
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty