We are currently recruiting for a Project Manager to work within our Project Management department. The PM will ensure the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects and is accountable over the full lifecycle for the timely execution and the quality of all deliverables. This accountability and responsibility must be flowed down to the multi-disciplinary project team as appropriate and performance monitored by setting and reviewing targets.
Job Title: Project Manager
Department: Project Management
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours: 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am - 4.30pm on a Friday with a 1 hour unpaid meal break
Closing Date: 10 October 2018
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are seeking to appoint a Project Manager to work within our Project Management department.
The PM will ensure the successful delivery of multi-disciplinary projects and is accountable over the full lifecycle for the timely execution and the quality of all deliverables. This accountability and responsibility must be flowed down to the multi-disciplinary project team as appropriate and performance monitored by setting and reviewing targets.
To be successful in this role you will be a team player with strong presentation, communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with internal and external stakeholders. You will be able to work on your own initiative in all areas of work, be capable of making decisions within the remit of the project and take personal responsibility for making things happen. You will also be able to demonstrate your ability to build credibility, interact and influence suppliers, customers and key stakeholders.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Bupa Health Insurance
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Ensuring projects are delivered on time, in full, within the agreed budget
- Managing all aspects of the project, ensuring documentation and configuration controls are maintained and appropriate
- Instigating, communicating and executing plans that cover all eventualities and corrective actions to ensure that timing plans and cost constraints are achieved and opportunities realised, managing resources and negotiating with stakeholders as required and identifying, addressing and resolving differences between individuals and/or interest groups.
- Compiling status reports and modifying schedules or plans as required; preparing project reports for management, client/customer, or others, compiling status reports and modifying schedules or plans as required
- Establishing and managing reviews at appropriate points during and after projects
- Monitoring project activities to ensure real-time status is available to customers and the senior management team at all times.
- Preparing, gaining approval of, refining and updating business cases that justify the initiation and/or continuation of projects in terms of benefits, costs and risks
- Preparing fully costed bids for approval
- Developing and agreeing budgets for projects and controlling forecast and actual costs against them
- Managing stakeholders, taking account of their levels of influence and particular interests
- Managing and often owning the customer relationship and managing internal and external communication to effectively execute the project
- A recognised project management qualification is essential
- A recognised Risk management qualification is essential
- Strong commercial and financial awareness
- 3+ years’ experience working in an equivalent programme/project management position, managing major end to end projects
- Extensive experience of delivering complex projects using industry recognised methodology - with responsibility for overall project delivery, risk management and budget
- Delivery experience of projects that conform to specification with liabilities and risksminimised
- Strong IT skills i.e. Excel, MS Project etc.
- Previous experience of working within the electronics industry would be desirable
- A creditable Engineer with a recognised Engineering qualification is desirable but not essential – HND, BSc, BEng or MSc
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty