Production Planning Manager
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified/experienced Production Planning Manager with duties to include, but not limited to; demand planning, production planning, scheduling, materials planning, service levels, orders management, warehousing and inventory. The role holder needs to balance demand and supply whilst keeping inventory and finished goods to a minimum. The successful candidate must demonstrate excellent people management skills as they lead the planning and warehousing teams. They will also be confident in communicating at levels across the business and be passionate about identifying and implementing improvement opportunities in their sphere of work.
Job title: Production Planning Manager
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Salary: Circa £40,000
Other: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch). Role includes a company Mobile and Laptop
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are looking for an ambitious Production Planning Manager who is results driven to help us realise our aims of becoming the market leader.
The Production Planning Manager will oversee demand, materials and production planning, scheduling, service levels, orders management, warehousing and inventory. There will need to be a balance in demand and supply whilst keeping inventory and finished goods to a minimum. The Production Planning Manager will lead in liaising with internal departments such as Engineering, Quality and Purchasing. Core KPIs will need to be pushed to ensure the key focus of the overall team is optimised.
The successful Production Planning Manager must demonstrate excellent people management skills. You’ll be confident in your own ability to influence others whilst demonstrating strong leadership. The chosen Production Planning Manager will have a solution focused approach that promotes a results driven environment.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development.
Our benefits include:
• 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
• Holiday allowance increase with length of service
• Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
• Bupa Healthcare
• Free on site car parking
• Subsidised canteen
• Contributory Pension
• Life assurance
• Childcare voucher scheme
• Cycle to work scheme
• Company sick pay
• Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
• Family Friendly policies
• An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
• Organise the provision of lead time information for new sales enquiries
• Schedule production and maximise service levels to meet internal and external customer demand
• Work with all departments to ensure outsourced and component materials, resource and capacity are available to support the production schedule
• Arrange and participate in meetings to communicate planning information to the relevant internal departments
• Take a lead role in liaising with internal departments such as Engineering, Quality and Purchasing to resolve issues relating to technical, quality and material supply that are causing production delays
• Establish and maintain KPIs to demonstrate productivity performance, lead time, schedule performance and capacity
• Analyse and interpret statistics and other data and be able to produce relevant reports
• Responsible for strategy related to inventory control to support production schedule
• Identify, plan and execute improvement projects to the planning system and process
• Provide weekly updated sales forecasts, including evaluation of risks for review by senior management
• Responsibility for establishing / updating policies and procedures for the working practices within both the Planning and Logistics department
• Management of the Stores and Planning Groups, including Personal Development Reviews, Objective Setting and Discipline.
• Help develop a culture which embraces change and promotes the right behaviours
• Degree level education in business or relevant work experience
• Previous experience of working as a Planning Manager in manufacturing
• Sound quality practices and understanding in Lean Manufacturing
• Integrated use of continuous improvement
• Continuous Improvement
• Engineering Excellence
• Performance Driven
• Accountability and responsibility
• Integrity and honesty