Process Engineering Group Leader
We are currently looking to recruit a Process Engineering Group Leader to work within our IGBT Assembly department. The main tasks and responsibilities of the Process Engineering Group Leader will be to ensure that a comprehensive programme of process / product improvements are identified and carried out across the IGBT Assembly areas.
Job Title: Process Engineering Group Leader
Department: IGBT Assembly
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 7:30 – 15:30 Monday - Thursday and 7:30 -15:00 Friday (30 minute unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are looking to recruit a Process Engineering Group Leader to join our IGBT Assembly team.
The main tasks and responsibilities of the Process Engineering Group Leader will be to ensure that a comprehensive programme of process / product improvements are identified and carried out across the IGBT Assembly areas of Substrate and Module build. You will coordinate activities within the department and interact across the other areas of manufacturing using both test and mechanical yields to establish the key areas for the team to work on. The successful candidate will actively participate in day-to-day activities as well as managing the team of process engineers, ensuring that regular communications are undertaken and that the team are fully supported in carrying out departmental activities.
To be successful in the role you will be a methodical and organised individual with a positive can do attitude and have the ability to work both within a team and as a team leader using your own initiative as well as coordinating team ideas into a set program of work. You will have good attention to detail and be able to write up minutes of team meetings and allocate prescribed tasks with specified actions vs. outcomes to team members based on the interpretation of experimental data gathered from previous tasks.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Bupa healthcare *if applicable
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Create, develop and implement a regular plan of improvement work to be undertaken within the department via team meetings based on identified problem products / processes / yields.
- Hold regular team meetings to monitor progress / identify additional tasks / allocate team members to carry out agreed work.
- To undertake / monitor both COSHH and risk assessments across the IGBT Assembly area in line with company procedures ensuring that, where improvements are required, that these are communicated to the relevant department and progress to completion monitored
- To ensure that there is a regular interface with production / equipment engineers / facilities to maximise the efficiency of the area and keep costs to a minimum
- To ensure that all OI’s are up to date and that the latest version is used by all operators
- To ensure that all operator qualifications are up to date.
- Co-ordinate R&D projects through the process areas and implement new products into production
- May deputise for departmental manager on occasion.
- HNC in engineering/mechanical engineering or related physical science
- Experience of empowering, engaging, managing and motivating a team
- Knowledge of process engineering of high-power semiconductors
- Experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of IGBT Module products and the applications in which they perform, although not essential, is desirable
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty