Process Engineer: Power Module Packaging
We are currently looking to recruit a Process Engineer: Power Module Packaging to work within our R&D Centre. The role will involve working on and leading projects and work packages focusing on die attach materials, engineering plastics, high performance polymers, ceramic substrates, and conformal coatings. In addition to this, methods for the interconnection and processing of materials in semiconductor packaging will be a key area of research, with an emphasis on safe, high reliability, cost efficient, high-yield technology.
Job Title: Process Engineer: Power Module Packaging
Department: Research and Development Centre
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other: Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday -Thursday and 8.30am -4.30pm on a Friday (one hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are searching for a (Senior*) Process Engineer to work within our R&D Centre.
The role will involve working on and leading projects and work packages focusing on die attach materials, engineering plastics, high performance polymers, ceramic substrates, and conformal coatings. In addition to this, methods for the interconnection and processing of materials in semiconductor packaging will be a key area of research, with an emphasis on safe, high reliability, cost efficient, high-yield technology.
As a (Senior*) Process Engineer you will be capable of carrying out high quality research of materials properties and performance, designing and executing controlled experiments, developing manufacturing processes, failure analysis and statistical analysis of sophisticated data sets. You will work in collaboration with other engineering teams responsible for the design, simulation, characterisation, reliability testing, and qualification of new products and technologies.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Private Health Insurance*
- Free on-site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Undertakes project related activities as a project-team member within the R&D Centre with a particular focus on IGBT Power-Module Packaging: research, experimentation, design, testing, and documentation.
- Participate in or lead major project work and have responsibility for planning the cost, schedule and performance of project activities.
- Providing written and verbal engineering reports and presentations on work done as appropriate.
- Understands and follows company procedures as applicable to the R&D Centre and other departments.
- Must demonstrate dedication and achievement in achieving continuous improvement across their key activities.
- Should work towards achieving or maintaining Chartered Status in relevant discipline.
- Creating, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with key personnel ensuring that best practice is shared across the Group.
- Presenting complex information to colleagues in and outside of the team ensuring that it is appropriate in order to gain the understanding of both technical and non-technical staff.
- A Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in a science or engineering subject or equivalent relevant experience in semiconductor packaging engineering.
- Ability to present data in a meaningful way that allows understanding by a diverse audience.
- Knowledge of the challenges and requirements of semiconductor packaging design and processing.
- Experience in semiconductor packaging technology.
- Interacting effectively with external bodies in the development and promotion of Dynex products; research institutions, suppliers and customers.
- Building and maintaining relationships with external partners in research institutes and the supply chain to enhance Dynex’s capabilities and ensure that we are abreast of the latest developments in semiconductor packaging science and technology.
- Good time management skills.
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty
*dependent upon experience