Principal Test and Validation Engineer
Dynex are currently recruiting for a Principal Test and Validation Engineer to work within our Electric Vehicle team. Responsible for the test and validation of automotive power electronics products in the company which including detailed test plan definition, test report compose and review, management and maintenance of test equipment, requirement promotion of new equipment and purchase.
Job title: Principal Test and Validation Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signaling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
Responsible for the test and validation of automotive power electronics products in the company which including detailed test plan definition, test report compose and review, management and maintenance of test equipment, requirement promotion of new equipment and purchase.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Compose detailed test plan for all kinds of products according to test requirements and test strategy;
- Manage the test process;
- Compose test report, and organize review meeting of test result;
- Responsible for test method optimization, achieving equipment high utilization and high test efficiency. Compose and conduct test plan;
- Responsible for requirements analysis of new equipment, sourcing and purchase;
- Develop jigs and tools for test;
- Manage test equipment and responsible for the daily maintenance;
- Compose equipment operating manual to compliance with health and safety legislation requirement in the U.K.;
- Provide management support on request;
Core Skills and Education
- A degree in Electronic Information, power electronics, electrical automation, computer and other related subjects;
- At least 7 years and above of electrics products development/test experience;
- Familiar with electronic product development process, and with profound understanding and experience
- Familiar with health and safety legislation in the U.K.
- Familiar with electrical vehicle power electronics product development;
- Proficiency in Office software
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty