Principal/Senior Hardware Engineer (Semiconductor Gate Driver)
We are currently recruiting for a Senior Hardware Engineer. You will be responsible for intelligent active gate drive technology research and product development that match our own Si and WBG power semiconductor module.
Job title: Principal/Senior Hardware Engineer (Semiconductor Gate Driver)
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
You will be responsible for intelligent active gate drive technology research and product development that match our own Si and WBG power semiconductor module.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Leading and participating in discrete component based intelligent active gate drive technology research and product development that match our own Si and WBG power semiconductor module in order to improve power semiconductor device application efficiency and reliability
- Application oriented power semiconductor device modelling
- Fast analog closed-loop slew rate control circuit modelling, design, and verification w.r.t. semiconductor switching trajectory control
- Work with system and module design engineers, define intelligent active gate drive development requirement considering both market requirement and semiconductor characteristics.
- Provision of requirements input for design, analysis, simulation, and testing. Provision of input for the generation of technical specifications, proposals and other documentations
- Ability to present constructive ideas to both customers and internal teams
- Ability to conduct speculative research on certain technical issues
- Support to the head of department in determining technology roadmap and specifying development milestone
- Actively corporate with other colleagues, organize meetings to discuss critical issues, update and progress in time with the awareness of timeline
- Support functional safety engineer to evaluate functional safety performance of the hardware
- To maintain effective working relationship with core members, guarantee efficient circulation of technical information among departments
- Actively communicate with external suppliers, universities, research institutes and clients, keep in line with the cutting-edge technology and future trending technology
Core Skills and Education
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in one of the following subjects; physics, power electronics, electrical and electronic engineering
- The equivalent of a PhD with at least 1 years of experience, a Masters with at least 3 years of experience, or a BS with at least 5 years of experience.
- At least 3 years hardware development working experience in power semiconductor gate driver development
- Active gate drive circuit design experience
- Hardware safety analysis experience per ISO26262 part 5 such as FMEDA, FTA
- Hardware design analysis such as DFMEA, De-rating/stress Analysis, Worst case analysis
- Cadence Orcad/Allegro use experience
- FPGA application experience
- HALT, Quantitative ALT experience
- Familiar with automotive international standards
- SMPS fed from LV and HV line design experience
- SMPS closed-loop control design experience
- Magnetic and other passive component design and specification definition knowledge and experience
- measurement circuit, filter and amplify circuit design experience
- Electronic component selection: good interpretation capability of component datasheets, knowledgeable and experienced to select the most appropriate component
- PCB design experience with good knowledge of trade off considering function, heat dissipation, EMC, insolation, cost control and manufacturability
- Wide band gap semiconductor device gate drive development experience
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty