Principal Module Reliability Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit for a Principal Module Reliability Engineer. This role will be responsible for power module reliability analysis and test, Establish a module product reliability analysis method and workflow.
Job title: Principal Module Reliability Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
This role will be responsible for power module reliability analysis and test, Establish a module product reliability analysis method and workflow.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Responsible for the planning and implementation of reliability research of power modules
- Responsible for the optimization of power module reliability research system and the introduction of reliability methods and tools;
- Responsible for understanding and confirming customer requirements for reliability of power modules and making evaluation plans
- Establish and improve power module reliability test platform;
- Define and improve power module reliability test standards and related manuals
- Participate in the company's cutting-edge product reliability research, patent excavation and application
- Research and development of new test methods for reliability concerns;
- Study reliability failure mechanisms of new power device packaging
- Responsible for reliability analysis and health monitoring of power modules such as IGBTs and SiC and GaN;
- Establish life prediction and health monitoring systems for power modules;
- Establish failure models for various failure criteria based on various tests (stress-strain, humidity, vibration) data;
- Analysis of the failure mechanism of power modules to promote rectification and implementation;
- Research and tracking of cutting edge technology in power semiconductor module reliability;
- Assist in the development of departmental teams and newcomers training;
Core Skills and Education
- Master or PhD Degree or equivalent in a reliability, physics, materials, semiconductor ,and other related subjects;
- The equivalent of a PhD with at least 2 years of experience, a Masters with at least 5 years of experience
- At least 2 years of experience in power module reliability analysis
- Solid background in DFR: ALT, HALT, Weibull analysis, reliability prediction, MTTF, life date analysis etc.
- Proficient in the power modules reliability test, using reliability statistics to interpret test results
- Proficient in the failure mechanism of power module reliability test
- Familiar with power semiconductor device package structure and packaging process
- Have a strong ability to solve problems scientifically and systematically (determine the root cause, promote improvement measures and completely solve the problem)
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty