Principal Engineer (Control Systems)
We are currently looking to recruit for a Principal Engineer (Control Systems) to work within our Electric Vehicle team. This role is responsible for development of motor and electronics control, implementing control strategy and generation of software from Matlab-Simulink models. The engineer will be responsible for architectural review, system review, training and guidance of junior team members.
Job title: Principal Engineer (Control Systems)
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
This role is responsible for development of motor and electronics control, implementing control strategy and generation of software from Matlab-Simulink models. The engineer will be responsible for architectural review, system review, training and guidance of junior team members.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Implementation of control software architecture, manage requirements development
- Development and optimization of motor control algorithm, PWM algorithm and DCDC control algorithm
- Development and optimization of motor drive system calibration and diagnosis method
- Implementation of system integration and make specification of testing plan
- Experience of system modelling using Matlab-Simulink and Autocode generation.
- C code generation and use in a model based development environment.
- Evaluate functional safety solution and ASIL decomposition solution
- Implementation of Simulink model testing, SIL, PIL and etc. according to ISO26262
- Generation of traceability report and write documents
Core Skills and Education
- Minimum Bachelors degree in electronics/ electronics related discipline
- At least 7 years hardware development working experience in automotive Tier 1 supplier or OEM
- Motor control development experience.
- Experience with model based systems engineering and software development
- Experience with CAN and other peripheral drivers
- Familiar with Analog and digital circuit
- Experience with safety critical code standard like MISRA C
- Experience with embedded C programming .
- Experience with AUTOSAR and ISO26262
- Experience with V model software testing process and version control
- Experience with CAN testing tools, calibration protocol and tools
- Experience with requirements management tool like DOORS etc
- Experience with software architecture design tool like Rhapsody, PREEVision and etc.
- Experience with functional safety software like Medini
- SysML/UML modelling
- FMEA Knowledge
- Desirable Technical Skillset
- Familiar with NXP or Infineon processors
- FMEA awareness
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty