Principal Embedded Software Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Principal Embedded Software Engineer. Principal Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for developing Low level drivers and middleware for different projects, participating in architecture design of hardware and software. This role will also be responsible for the firmware development of the next generation systems based on the functional safety requirements. The engineer will be responsible for guidance and training of junior members of the team and also to address head-on, any issues faced on architecture, issues and any other technical issues faced by the software team.
Job title: Principal Embedded Software Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
Principal Embedded Software Engineer will be responsible for developing Low level drivers and middleware for different projects, participating in architecture design of hardware and software. This role will also be responsible for the firmware development of the next generation systems based on the functional safety requirements. The engineer will be responsible for guidance and training of junior members of the team and also to address head-on, any issues faced on architecture, issues and any other technical issues faced by the software team.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Leading and participating in software architecture design
- Leading evaluation of different processor platforms, different hardware architecture designs
- Leading evaluation of functional safety solutions, and ASIL decomposition solutions
- Leading development of peripheral drivers, generating middleware and debugging code
- Building tool chain and process of embedded software development
- Implementing CAN, FlexRay, Ethernet communication
- Implementing CAN flash bootloader function
- Making plans and monitoring progress for software integration and testing
- Writing technical documentation
Core Skills and Education
- Minimum Bachelors degree in electronics/ electronics related discipline
- At least 5 years working experience in automotive Tier 1 supplier or OEM for embedded real-time product
- Automotive embedded software development experience in powertrain, motor control, EV/Hybrid vehicle development
- Low level driver development for microprocessors in Automotive ECUs
- AUTOSAR architecture based software development
- ISO26262 design and implementation experience.
- Experience with Tasking, GHS or Codewarrior compilers
- Firmware development.
- Experience with SPI, CAN, FlexRay or Ethernet and low level drivers
- Experience with RTOS
- Knowledge of Analog and digital circuit
- Experience with XCP/CCP protocol
- Experience with safety critical code standard like MISRA C
- Excellent embedded C programming and assembly programming techniques
- Experience with AUTOSAR and ISO26262
- Experience with V model software testing process and version control/Configuration management
- Experience with requirements management tool like DOORS etc
- Experience with software architecture design tool like Rhapsody, PREEVision and etc.
- Experience with functional safety software like Medini or similar
- SysML/UML modelling
- Desirable Technical Skillset
- Familiar with NXP or Infineon processors
- FMEA awareness
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty