Principal AUTOSAR software Engineer
We are currently looking to recruit a Principal AUTOSAR Software Engineer to work within our Electric Vehicle team. This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining AUTOSAR code for different projects, participating architecture design of hardware and software. This role will also be responsible for the AUTOSAR software development of the next generation based on the functional safety requirements.
Job title: Principal AUTOSAR software Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
This role will be responsible for developing and maintaining AUTOSAR code for different projects, participating architecture design of hardware and software. This role will also be responsible for the AUTOSAR software development of the next generation based on the functional safety requirements.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Leading and participating in software architecture design
- Leading evaluation of different processor platforms, different hardware architecture designs
- Leading evaluation of functional safety solutions, and ASIL decomposition solutions
- Leading development of peripheral drivers, generating AUTOSAR middleware and debugging code
- Integration of basic software, third-party MCAL, algorithm software and OEM software, provision of complete AUTOSAR compliant control software
- Making plans and monitoring progress for software integration and testing
- Writing technical documentation
- Actively corporate with other colleagues, organize meetings to discuss critical issues, update and progress in time with the awareness of timeline
- Teamwork with control engineer and embedded software engineer to specify hardware and software architecture, provide complete middleware and testing plan
- Support functional safety engineer to evaluate functional safety performance of control hardware
- To maintain effective working relationship with core members, guarantee efficient circulation of technical information among departments
- Actively communicate with external suppliers, universities, research institutes and clients, keep in line with the cutting-edge technology and future trending technology
Core Skills and Education
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in electronics/ electronics related discipline, 5 years and above working experience in the area of embedded software development and testing in automotive industry
- Robust experience with AUTOSAR 3.0 or 4.0 standard
- Experience with software architecture design tool like Rhapsody, PREEVision and etc.
- Familiar with NXP or Infineon processors
- Familiar with Tasking, GHS or Code warrior compilers
- Familiar with SPI, CAN, FlexRay or Ethernet and LLD
- Familiar with RTOS
- Analog and digital circuit
- Familiar with XCP protocol and diagnosis protocol
- Familiar with safety critical code standard like MISRA C
- Excellent embedded C programming and assembly programming techniques
- Familiar with ISO26262
- Familiar with V model software testing process and version control
- Familiar with requirements management tool like DOORS etc
- Experience with functional safety software like Medini
- SysML/UML modelling
- FMEA awareness will be desirable
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty