Power IC (High voltage IC) Design Engineer
We are searching for Power IC designers to be part of a new team to develop a new Power IC technology. The main duties of the Power IC designer will be to produce circuit designs from a set of process design rules for the technology being developed.
Job Title: Power IC (High voltage IC) Design Engineer
Department: Research and Development Centre
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other: Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday -Thursday and 8.30am -4.30pm on a Friday (one hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. Dynex is now part of CRRC in China, which is now investing heavily into world class wafer fabrication facilities for IGBT devices and the Research and Design Centre at Lincoln is a key part of generating new technologies to apply into it. So, it is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue.
We are searching for Power IC designers to be part of a new team to develop a new Power IC technology.
The main duties of the Power IC designer will be to produce circuit designs from a set of process design rules for the technology being developed.
The role will also require occasional travel to China and so will need to be able to meet visa requirements.
As a Power IC Design Engineer you’ll have a keen eye for attention to detail and be analytical in your approach. The key to being successful in this role is to be able to perform individual objectives as part of a team to achieve goals.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- To design and simulate the Power IC circuits using layout software (eg Cadence virtuoso)
- Use simulation models (eg Spice) to prove and optimise circuit performance
- To perform bench test verification of new designs
- Refine designs to improve performance
- Occasional visits to China, customers, suppliers, universities and conferences may be required.
- To be able to put across complicated ideas to a wide audience.
- Undertakes project related activities as a project-team member within the R&D Centre
- Providing written and verbal engineering reports and presentations on work done as appropriate.
- Publish papers in international peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings
- An ability to invent and develop new ideas
- Experience of working in the power semiconductor or power electronics industry or a related industry sector.
- Ability in analysing and presenting complex data to a diverse audience.
- Experience in using CAD simulation software e.g. Cadence, Spice
- Calibrating device simulation models to actual device characteristics
- PHD in Semiconductor Physics or similar is essential.
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty