Module Design Engineer
We are currently seeking to appoint an Module Design Engineer to work within out R&D Centre: Semiconductors. The main duties of the Module Design Engineer will be to focus on structure design and simulation for Traction, Electrical Vehicle module products.
Job Title: Module Design Engineer
Department: Research and Development Centre
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other: Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday -Thursday and 8.30am -4.30pm on a Friday (one hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are searching for a Module Design Engineer to work within our R&D Centre: Semiconductors.
The main duties of the Module Design Engineer will be to focus on structure design and simulation for Traction, Electrical Vehicle module products.
As the Module Design Engineer you will have excellent time management skills and the ability to present data in a meaningful way that gains understanding by a diverse audience. You will also have extensive knowledge of module structure design and simulation as well as hands on practical experience.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Working in module design team to focus on structure design and simulation for Traction, Electrical Vehicle module products
- Contributing own knowledge and experiences in design team to setup module packaging design/simulation platform
- Working on design, analysis and optimisation of thermal, mechanical of high power modules
- Assisting colleagues in designing of thermal/mechanical in detail and dealing with difficulties/problems which met in the design and build processes
- Following company procedures as applicable to team
- Experience of 3D CAD design tools on 3D structure design, i.e. solid works, solid edge
- Experience of Microsoft software packages.
- Experience on thermal/mechanical simulation package will be a plus, i.e. ANSYS Mechanical or other packages
- Have obtained Master degree or Bachelor degree
- Effective communicator with specialist and non-specialist colleagues.
- Ability to work well independently and/or as part of a team.
- Flexible to meet business demands.
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty