Manufacturing Operator - Bipolar Basic Unit
We are seeking to appoint an Operator in our Bipolar Basic Unit Production team. The main tasks and responsibilities will be operating machinery, acid work and processing of basic units. The successful applicant will also be required to support the activities of the Manufacturing Group Leader and Section Leaders to ensure that work is completed to a high accuracy at all times to help keep waste to a minimum.
Job Title: Manufacturing Operator – Bipolar Basic Units
Department: Bipolar Basic Units
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 7:30 – 15:30 Monday - Thursday and 7:30 -15:00 on a Friday (30 minute unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are seeking to appoint an Operator within our Bipolar Basic Units department.
The main tasks and responsibilities will be operating equipment in line with Dynex procedures, ensuring instructions are followed accurately, to assist in the production of high power devices. The successful applicant will be involved with the manufacture of devices in the Basic Unit Area . This will involve handling of sensitive components and ensuring all safety precautions are followed. You will also be required to support the activities of the Production Management and Section Leader to ensure that work is completed to a high accuracy at all times to help keep waste to a minimum.
To be successful in this role you will have a positive can do attitude and have the ability to work to defined Policy’s and guidelines. You will be able to work as part of a team and be able to integrate into the team spirit quickly. You will be customer focused and confident in a fast-paced working environment. You will also be flexible to meet production demands. Due to the nature of the activities, this role will require the use of appropriate clothing to minimise particle levels within the production area. Full training will be given to the successful applicant.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Ability to read and interpret both Operator / Engineering instructions
- Identify new ways of working and make recommendations for potential improvements
- Ensuring that all Operator instructions are accurately followed
- Handling of sensitive components
- Adhere to all current Health & Safety legislation and ESD precautions
- Good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Good communicator
- Able to demonstrate a high level of accuracy / attention to detail
- Manual dexterity
- Computer literate
- Task requires a good physical capability as manual handling is involved
- Working knowledge of health & safety legislation
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty