Machine Shop Technician
We are looking for a Machine Shop Technician to join our PAC’s (Machine Shop) team. As Machine Shop Technician, you will be part of the team to deliver and maintain our in-house ability to create small quantity piece parts for manufacturing, as well as supporting other manufacturing activities with jigging etc.
Job Title: Machine Shop Technician
Department: PACs (Machine Shop)
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 7:30 – 3:30 Monday -Thursday and 7:30 -15:00 on a Friday (30mins unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are looking for a Machine Shop Technician to join our PAC’s (Machine Shop) team.
As Machine Shop Technician, you will be part of the team to deliver and maintain our in-house ability to create small quantity piece parts for manufacturing, as well as supporting other manufacturing activities with jigging etc.
As the Machine Shop Technician, you will be working in a small and busy team that is required to program and operate 2 HAAS CNC milling machines and occasionally manual milling. It is key that you have a ‘can do’ attitude, able to work in a small team and work to tight deadlines. Due to the nature of the work, it is crucial you have an eye for detail and be organised in order to deliver.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- CNC Miller
- CNC Programming approximately 2 years’ experience (preferred)
- Experience in reading 1st and 3rd angle drawings
- Experience carrying out own programming using AlphaCAM
- Be able to program, set and run the machine
- Checking dimensions prior to running parts
- NVQ Level 3 in Engineering or equivalent (apprentice trained)
- Ability to work with minimum of supervision and technical direction.
- Understand Engineering drawings
- HAAS control knowledge
- Good communication skills
- Be able to work in a small team and individually
- Professional manner when speaking to colleagues, customers and suppliers.
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty