IGBT Chip Design Engineer
We are currently recruiting for an IGBT Chip Design Engineer to work within our R&D Centre. The main duties of the IGBT Chip Design Engineer will be to develop new IGBT devices using simulation software and to correlate device models with actual device performance. The role will also require occasional travel to China and so will need to be able to meet visa requirements.
Job title: IGBT Chip Design Engineer
Department: Research and Development Centre
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other: Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday -Thursday and 8.30am -4.30pm on a Friday (one hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are searching for an IGBT Chip Design Engineer to work within our R&D Centre: Semiconductors.
The main duties of the IGBT Chip Design Engineer will be to develop new IGBT devices using simulation software and to correlate device models with actual device performance. The role will also require occasional travel to China and so will need to be able to meet visa requirements.
As the IGBT Chip Design Engineer you’ll have a keen eye for attention to detail and be analytical in your approach. The key to being successful in this role is to be able to perform individual research but work as part of a team to achieve goals.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- To develop comprehensive simulation models of IGBT designs
- Refine models to match actual physical characteristics
- Use simulation models to optimise IGBT performance
- Translate model parameters to manufacturing process recipes
- Occasional visits to China, customers, suppliers, universities and conferences may be required.
- To be able to put across complicated ideas to a wide audience.
- Be able to perform extended periods of computer usage.
- Undertakes project related activities as a project-team member within the R&D Centre with a particular focus on Power-Module Packaging: research; computer simulation; experimentation; design; testing; and documentation.
- Lead major projects and have responsibility for planning the cost, schedule and performance of project activities.
- Providing written and verbal engineering reports and presentations on work done as appropriate.
- Publish papers in international peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings
- PHD in Semiconductor Physics or similar is essential.
- Experience of working in the power semiconductor or power electronics industry or a related industry sector.
- Ability in analysing and presenting complex data to a diverse audience.
- Experience in using CAD simulation software e.g. Silvaco or Synopsis, for IGBT devices is essential to the role.
- Calibrating device simulation models to actual device characteristics
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty