IGBT Chip Design Engineer
We are currently searching for the best IGBT Chip Design Engineers to work here at Lincoln in the UK. The main duties of the IGBT Chip Design Engineer will be to develop new IGBT technologies particularly in the medium power (up to 1200v) market, especially focussed towards Electric Vehicle applications.
Job Title: IGBT Chip Design Engineer
Department: Research and Development Centre
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other: Hours: 8.30am – 5.00pm Monday -Thursday and 8.30am -4.30pm on a Friday (one hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. Dynex is now part of CRRC in China, which is now investing heavily into world class wafer fabrication facilities for IGBT devices and the Research and Design Centre at Lincoln is a key part of generating new technologies to apply into it. So, it is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue.
We are searching for the best IGBT Chip Design Engineers to work here at Lincoln in the UK.
The main duties of the IGBT Chip Design Engineer will be to develop new IGBT technologies particularly in the medium power (up to 1200v) market, especially focussed towards Electric Vehicle applications.
The role will also require occasional travel to China and so will need to be able to meet visa requirements.
As an IGBT Chip Design Engineer you’ll have a keen eye for attention to detail and be analytical in your approach. The key to being successful in this role is to be able to perform individual research but work as part of a team to achieve goals.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- To propose and develop new technology ideas for IGBT or other semiconductor devices
- Use simulation models to prove and optimise IGBT performance
- Translate model parameters to manufacturing process recipes and demonstrate the technology either within the local R&D fab at Lincoln, or in the advanced manufacturing lines in China
- Refine models to match actual physical characteristics
- Occasional visits to China, customers, suppliers, universities and conferences may be required.
- To be able to put across complicated ideas to a wide audience.
- Undertakes project related activities as a project-team member within the R&D Centre
- Lead major projects and have responsibility for planning the cost, schedule and performance of project activities.
- Providing written and verbal engineering reports and presentations on work done as appropriate.
- Publish papers in international peer reviewed journals and conference proceedings
- An ability to invent and develop new ideas
- Experience of working in the power semiconductor or power electronics industry or a related industry sector.
- Ability in analysing and presenting complex data to a diverse audience.
- Experience in using CAD simulation software e.g. Silvaco or Synopsis, for IGBT devices is essential to the role.
- Calibrating device simulation models to actual device characteristics
- PHD in Semiconductor Physics or similar is essential.
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty