This position will work for Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) who are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC. Reporting to the Business Unit Director, you will be responsible for providing guidance and support to our managers on a range of HR related issues. You will have full ownership to drive the people agenda within the business. This will include all aspects including Employee Engagement, Leadership Development, Apprentices, Graduates, Career Progression, Reward, Succession Planning, HR MI, Senior Recruitment, Re-structuring, Culture Change, as well as the standard management of the day to day ER side of things and risk management for ET cases.
Job Title: Human Resources Manager
Department: Management and Administration
Hours of work: 08:30 – 17:00 Monday -Thursday and 08:30 -16:30 on a Friday (1 hour unpaid lunch Monday - Friday)
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 per annum DOE
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 50 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2018.
Reporting to the Business Unit Director, you will be responsible for providing guidance and support to our managers on a range of HR related issues. You will have full ownership to drive the people agenda within the business. This will include all aspects including Employee Engagement, Leadership Development, Apprentices, Graduates, Career Progression, Reward, Succession Planning, HR MI, Senior Recruitment, Re-structuring, Culture Change, as well as the standard management of the day to day ER side of things and risk management for ET cases.
The HR Manager will be a strong generalist who is used to working in an international organisation. You will manage a HR Advisor and together you will provide specialist best practice advice to managers. You will be extremely organised with the ability to negotiate at all levels. You will also be used to leading a number of shared services such as IT, Facilities, QA and H&S.
TEIC is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Health Insurance
- Contributory Pension
- Development and implementation of the HR strategy
- Leading the HR function and managing IT, Facilities, QA and H&S functions to deliver effective support in line with the operational and strategic business goals
- Recruitment and retention of highly skilled engineers
- Enhancing the capabilities of the existing management teams, systems and processes to support organisational development initiatives
- Coaching and supporting line managers within the business and ensuring that succession plans are in place
- Designing and implementing all HR policies, programmes and practices
- Leading employee engagement to support organisational culture and organisational development
- Providing facilitation in potential conflict situations to achieve consensus
- Addressing key performance (absence, disciplinary) issues and drivers
- Proactively working with relevant managers in assessing people issues, determining appropriate strategies and HR interventions to overcome them
- Investigating and resolving Employee Relations (ER) cases
- Coaching and mentoring to develop skills and abilities
- CIPD Level 5 (ideally Level 7)
- Fluent Mandarin