Head of System Technology Department
We are currently recruiting for a Head of System Technology to work within our Electric Vehicle team. Under the lead of the TEIC director, this role will conduct the daily administrative and technical management, responsible for making the technical and products roadmap as well as monthly, quarterly and annual working plan. Responsible for review of power electronics system architecture development, construction of design platform, and detailed technical development. Responsible for resource performance management, construction of talents team, involving in talent recruitment and assessment, support with marking.
Job title: Head of System Technology Department
Department: System Technology Department
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
Under the lead of TEIC director, this role will conduct the daily administrative and technical management, responsible for making the technical and products roadmap as well as monthly, quarterly and annual working plan. Responsible for review of power electronics system architecture development, construction of design platform, and detailed technical development. Responsible for resource performance management, construction of talents team, involving in talent recruitment and assessment, support with marking.
Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Under the lead of TEIC director, conduct the daily administrative and technical management of the department
- Making the technical and products roadmap based on company strategy
- Making department monthly, quarterly and annual working plan, and responsible for implementation
- Organize resource to solve the technical and resource problem of the team encountered
- Responsible for the evaluation of resource performance management, , construction of talents team, involving in talent recruitment and assessment
- Responsible for making technical support which including sales training, customer communication, bidding and tendering, products popularization in exhibition etc.
- Response to all kinds of requirements from different business units within the group
- Lead the technical development of the department
- Define and manage the hardware R&D process and workflow that comply with TS 16949 and ISO 26262
- Model-based system architecture design, requirement decomposition down to sub-model with traceability, function net and failure net management
- Power electronics system detailed design including system simulation, component selection analysis, specification definition, and interface design
- Hardware design analysis including safety analysis such as FMEDA, FTA and reliability analysis such as DFMEA, De-rating Analysis
- Power electronics system integration and test which including system calibration, EMC and reliability test etc.
- Organize summarize, review and internal study of design rule, design experience etc.
- Organize company standard composing, patent application
- Providing general support from senior management team of the company.
Core Skills and Education
- 5 years and above of automotive electronics products development experience
- Familiar with automotive electronic product development process, and with profound understanding and experience
- Familiar with automotive produce standard and legislation
- Familiar with mechanical structure design, especially automotive converter structure design and manufacturing process.
- Familiar with high power electronics product development
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty