Head of Chip Design Technology
We are currently looking to recruit a Head of Chip Technology to work within our Electric Vehicle team. We are looking for a Principal Chip Design Engineer to lead our IGBT, bipolar, and SiC chip development teams to design and layout photomasks for the production of new generation semiconductor products.
Job title: Head of Chip Design Technology
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
We are looking for a Principal Chip Design Engineer to lead our IGBT, bipolar, and SiC chip development teams to design and layout photomasks for the production of new generation semiconductor products.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Manage all conception, scheming design of automotive power electronic products, evaluate the requirements for new products and determine the design plan.
- Organise research in new integrated technology of automotive power electronic product;
- Guide the R&D team, verification of new technologies, structures, and promotion of product implementation;
- Review structure design of product, including 3D/2D drawings of assemblies and parts, as well as analysis and calculation during the design
- Control structure related document output
- Define product BOM list
- Manage follow-up, modification and acceptance of molds making
- Define test methods for mechanical experiment
- Responsible for DEFMEA of power modules, formulate related documents according to APQP process
- Define the specification and test standard of structural material
- Structural sample testing, small batch trial production follow up and assessment
- Responsible for analyse the causes of the defective product and formulate corrective and preventive methods;
Core Skills and Education
- A Degree or equivalent in a mechanical mechatronics and other related subjects;
- At least 10 years of experience in R&D of IGBT, bipolar, and SiC chip design;
- Excellent leadership and management skills;
- Experience of 2D layout drawing tools.
- Use of general 2D/3D CAD software tools.
- Experience of Microsoft software packages.
- Knowledge of semiconductor devices & fabrication principles.
- Ability to solve engineering problems and to make appropriate recommendations for improvement.
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty