Hardware Verification Engineer
We are currently recruiting for a Hardware Verification Engineer to work within our Electrical Vehicle team. This role will be responsible for gate drive circuit board and component verification.
Job title: Hardware Verification Engineer
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham （Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
This role will be responsible for gate drive circuit board and component verification.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Investigate of automotive electronic product verification methodology, benchmark the verification requirement from different OEM, country and international standard and continually improve internal electronic hardware verification process
- Research and study PCBA reliability verification methodology and organize failure analysis for test and field failure samples
- Review test requirement and specification, define detailed verification plan and perform tests accordingly
- Test data process, report documentation and submitting for review
- Research incoming inspection and screen for key electronic material
- Test instrument/equipment requirement definition, sourcing, and call for bid
- Design test rigs
- Manage the maintenance and calibration of test instrument/equipment, tooling and materials for test
- Define test procedure and instruction documentation that fulfill health and safety regulations
Core Skills and Education
- A degree in one of the following subjects; physics, power electronics, electrical and electronic engineering
- At least 2 year of inverter power module application or test experience
- Familiar with motor control system
- Test data process experience
- Reliability test experience such as HALT,QALT
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty