Functional Safety Manager
We are currently looking to recruit a Functional Safety Manager to work within our Electric Vehicle group. The Functional Safety Manager is responsible for guiding the software and hardware team on the functional safety implementation as per the ISO26262 guidelines. He / She will be responsible for conducting periodic reviews, status meetings and assessment of the work being performed and also arrange any audits for the compliance of the system to functional safety rules and guidelines.
Job title: Functional Safety Manager
Department: R&D Centre: Assemblies
Location: Birmingham (Initially in Lincoln）
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Other Information: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Mon -Thurs and 08:30 -16:30 on a Fri (1hour unpaid lunch).
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd, Lincoln, UK are proud to be a UK subsidiary of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. and will be assisting in the screening of applications.
Times Electric Innovation Centre (TEIC) are new to the UK and is a branch of Zhuzhou CRRC Times Electric Co., Ltd. (TEC), a subsidiary of CRRC, is the world’s leading propulsion and control systems provider in the rolling stock industry. TEC has become a global power mall for railway transportation, infrastructure and utility. TEC produces propulsion and control systems for trains and electric vehicles, signalling systems, power supply solutions, platform screen doors, rail maintenance vehicles, marine engineering equipment and component products for various applications. For more than five decades, TEC has been shaping the transportation industry with our solutions, today TEC is operating internationally with over 7000 employees and 2.3 billion USD revenues in 2016.
CRRC is the world's largest supplier of rail transit equipment with the most complete product lines and leading technologies. Its main businesses cover the R&D, design, manufacture, repair, sale, lease and technical services for rolling stock, urban rail transit vehicles, engineering machinery, all types of electrical equipment, electronic equipment and parts, electric products and environmental protection equipment, consulting services, industrial investment and management, asset management, import and export.
CRRC are an innovative company who continually strive to improve technology and innovation capacity. It is an exciting time to be joining the CRRC family as we open a new Innovation Centre in Birmingham where we will soon be employing 40 talented engineers, growing to 100 talented engineers by the end of 2019.
The Functional Safety Manager is responsible for guiding the software and hardware team on the functional safety implementation as per the ISO26262 guidelines. He / She will be responsible for conducting periodic reviews, status meetings and assessment of the work being performed and also arrange any audits for the compliance of the system to functional safety rules and guidelines.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Provide guidance to SW & HW engineers on functional safety implementation on work products.
- Conduct periodic reviews of ISO26262 implementations.
- Arrange for any audits for functional safety compliance.
- Guide the team on safety architecture for ISO26262 implementation.
- Project manage the functional safety software and hardware implementations.
- Give periodic reports to department head on progress of FS implementations.
Core Skills and Education
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in electronics/ electronics related discipline
- At least 8 years’ experience in Automotive Industry
- Has hands-on experience in implementation of functional safety in the automotive domain.
- Experience of implementing FS strategy in Automotive embedded software.
- Has high level overview of FS implementation across SW and HW.
- Experience of conducting Audit for ISO26262 compliance.
- Automotive Software development experience in powertrain/EV/Hybrid domain.
- Understanding of Model Based System Engineering and design.
- Matlab/Simulink experience.
- Familiar with C language programming in automotive domain.
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility