We currently have an exciting opportunity for two Applications Engineers to join our Sales and Marketing department. The role will support internal and external sales functions to maximise profit. The Applications Engineer is responsible for the creation and design of the requirements in accordance with customer needs. Application simulation and provide technical papers for the parameters of the products.
Job Title: Applications Engineer
Department: Sales and Marketing
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Salary: £45,000 to £55,000 DOE
Other: Hours; 8:30 – 17:00 Monday -Thursday and 8:30 -16:30 on a Friday (1hour unpaid lunch).
Closing date: 29th December 2018
Travel required for international conferences, supplier and customer visits. The role is roughly 90% office based 10% field based. A mobile and laptop are included.
Dynex Semiconductor Ltd have been manufacturing semiconductor products for over 60 years; providing IGBT, Bipolar, Power Assembly and Electric Vehicle System products to customers across the world. It is an exciting time to be joining Dynex as we are in a significant period of growth which is planned to continue. We are currently recruiting for two Applications Engineers to join our Sales and Marketing team.
The role will support internal and external sales functions to maximise profit. The Applications Engineer is responsible for the creation and design of the requirements in accordance with customer needs. Application simulation and provide technical papers for the parameters of the products.
The Applications engineer will be and expert in stakeholder engagement with strong influencing skills. You’ll be customer focused and a natural problem solver. Most importantly you will be able to work effectively with multi- disciplinary teams both internal and external to the business.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Bupa healthcare
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counseling service
- Gather, create and design requirements with customer and agree with engineering team
- Provide technical documents and parameters for device
- Write and publish white papers to an international standard
- Provide the business with expert knowledge in power semiconductors to meet customer requirements
- Bridge the gap between the technical and none technical side of the business to provide the desired specifications for the customers
- Develop strong relationships with key customer engineering groups
- Provide product and application support during pre-sales and post-sales phases
- Support external and internal sales functions to maximise profitable sales of Dynex via all sales channels
- Advise on IGBT, thyristors and diode characteristics and modes of operation
- Ability to perform application simulations in Spice, MathCad, Excel or similar
- Simulations of characteristics of the device
- Attending trade events and conferences to identify new applications and feed this back to the business
- Preform other reasonable adhoc duties as requested by Line manager
- Worked in similar role
- Bachelors/Masters Degree in Power Semiconductors, Power Electronics or Electrical/Mechanical fields
- Extensive knowledge of the high power semiconductor market
- Knowledge of power semiconductor applications
- Knowledge of IGBT, thyristors and diode characteristics and modes of operation
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty