Engineering Apprenticeship – IGBT Engineering
We have an exciting opportunity for two Apprentice to rotate across our IGBT Module Process Engineering and Qualification and Test Engineering departments. You will learn all aspect of Semiconductor packaging and process engineering along with test and qualification of IGBT Modules. This will include learning all process stages and testing to a high level of competence, both practically and technically, to allow for efficient problem solving / implementation of process improvements and maximising yields.
Job Title: Engineering Apprenticeship – IGBT Engineering
Department: IGBT Engineering
Hours of work: 37 hours a week
Salary: Starts at £15,012.97 + yearly increments
Other Information: Hours: 7.30am – 3.30pm Monday - Thursday and 7.30am – 3.00pm on a Friday (30-minute unpaid lunch) and 8.30am - 5.00pm Monday to Thursday and 8.30am - 4.30pm on a Friday (60-minute unpaid lunch)
Closing Date: 08 March 2020 Interview Date: Thursday 02 April 2020
At Dynex we strongly believe in bringing new talent into our business. Our Apprentice programme gives the unique opportunity to join us across different areas of our business and undertake nationally recognised qualifications and workplace training whilst working in a challenging and exciting industry. We pride ourselves on creating a friendly and supportive working environment with a diverse range of employees.
Dynex offers a 3-4-year Apprenticeship Programme with a dedicated mentor. With guidance, support and help from your line manager and experienced colleagues, you will be able to demonstrate the skills learnt at college and how to apply them in the workplace. Combining one day per week studying at a local training provider and working at Dynex the remainder of week, you will learn the skills you need to become fully qualified in your chosen field and begin your career with a solid foundation of experience behind you. You’ll also earn a competitive wage while you are studying!
We have an exciting opportunity for two Apprentice to rotate across our IGBT Module Process Engineering and Qualification and Test Engineering departments. You will learn all aspect of Semiconductor packaging and process engineering along with test and qualification of IGBT Modules. This will include learning all process stages and testing to a high level of competence, both practically and technically, to allow for efficient problem solving / implementation of process improvements and maximising yields. This will require developing problem solving / analytical / data gathering and experimental techniques then writing up reports on progress achieved.
You will attend college and complete a BTEC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering. Depending upon your education level, you may even have the opportunity to carry on your studies to Higher National Certificate (HNC) and potentially continue to degree level. Once qualified, we also encourage you to obtain full professional qualifications in your chosen field.
Dynex is a great place to work with lots of opportunities for professional and personal development. Our benefits include:
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays
- Holiday allowance increase with length of service
- Holiday purchase scheme – up to 5 additional days
- Free on-site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24-hour confidential counseling service
- Working effectively in a modern Semiconductor manufacturing environment
- Contribute towards Continuous Improvement and lean manufacturing processes
- Learn all aspects of process engineering within IGBT Module manufacturing
- Learn all aspects of electrical testing of IGBT Modules
- Attend college, study and pass all required modules
- Complete relevant NVQ’s
- Acquire new skills through on-the-job training under the guidance of an experienced mentor
- Learning how to work with and follow procedures / specifications
- Working safely by observing and following all safety requirements and procedures
- Working as part of a team and individually with full support from our engineering department/mentors
- Educated to GCSE standard having achieved (5 GCSE’S grade 4/C or above) including Maths and English
- Excellent communication and written skills with a keen eye for detail
- Enthusiastic with a drive to learn and develop
- Great team worker
- Technically minded, and a good problem solver
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office package)
- Self-motivator who can act on their own initiative and implement their own ideas
- Continuous Improvement
- Engineering Excellence
- Performance Driven
- Accountability and responsibility
- Integrity and honesty
Please note that, due to safety restrictions regarding working in the fabrication unit and high voltage electrical testing, applicants must be aged 18 or over.