Application Engineering Manager
We are seeking to appoint an Applications Engineering Manager located in North America. The key focus areas for this role are to provide application support to our direct customers and via channel partners, feedback application experience into the market intelligence group to support new product development proposals.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Presenting complex information in a meaningful way that allows a diverse audience to understand what is required for power products.
- Developing strong relationships with key customer engineering groups.
- Attending trade events and conferences to identify new applications & the required Dynex offering to address these needs.
- Application simulations and making device proposals in response to customer’s solution requirements.
- Provide product support during the pre-sales & post-sales phases to both internal & external customers.
- Support external and internal sales functions to maximise profitable sales of products via all sales channels.
- Educated to Degree standard
- Knowledge of power semiconductor electronic circuits sufficient to understand customer circuits
- Knowledge of IGBT, Thyristor and diode characteristics and modes of operation (must be prepared to acquire these ‘on the job’).
- Intermediate level MS EXCEL user
- Ability to perform application simulations in Spice, MathCad, Excel or similar
- Knowledge of Power Semiconductor Applications and market
- Knowledge of Dynex Competitors and their products
- Experience of working in a customer centred environment
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to demonstrate a variety of key methods of communicating.
- 24 days holiday plus public/bank holidays
- BUPA Health Insurance
- Life assurance