Apprenticeships are recognised and valued as a fundamental part in delivering increased productivity, greater staff retention through career progression, a motivated workforce and help us to identify our Technicians and Engineers of the future.
Hello, we're Dynex ..
We bet that you, along with billions of people everywhere, everyday use electrical power to do the majority of your daily tasks without really thinking about how that power is distributed. Whether you’re on a train, boiling a kettle or using your laptop to apply for a job. Dynex designs and manufactures the semiconductor that are used in trains, electrical power grids and even wind turbines that allows electrical current to flow through allowing us to use the end result.
Why not consider joining us? As a Dynex apprentice you will be part of a team that cares about its customers, the environment and quality of products. We create a fun working environment and encourage everyone to contribute to their full potential and put forward any innovative ideas (we even have a scheme that will reward good ideas).
Have we got you interested? Read on ...
Dynex Semiconductor Limited manufactures a wide variety of high power semiconductor devices, assemblies and test systems, which improve the reliability and efficient control of electrical energy in applications such as electric power transmission, distribution grid systems, railway transportation, marine propulsion, electric vehicles, renewable power and industrial motor drives.
At Dynex we strongly believe in bringing new talent into our business and we know that our future success depends on our people. We also know that inspiring people to come and develop a career with us is important to our growth and expansion.
University isn’t for everyone. Our Apprenticeships are a great way to kick start your career, or if you are a more mature student then enhance your career or move into a new field. We pay above average Apprentice wage and you will be earning a good wage whilst you learn.
Over 4 years Dynex will invest in your future as you work towards a Level 3 engineering qualification and then progress onto a Level 5 via day release at Lincoln College. After that, theres evern opportunities to move onto a degree level course/qualification.
What does it mean to work for one the world’s leading semiconductor engineering companies?
- You will be at the cutting edge of our exciting new products and research; watching things evolve and new products created
- You will meet lots of experienced employees including office support, engineers and technical experts; building contacts, working with the best and learning from the experts
- Manage your own projects to ensure we deliver the highest quality products on time
- As an engineering Apprentice you will design, test and deploy our technology and understand the engineering behind it
- A strong support base, thanks to a brilliant group of current apprentices, mentors, managers and more, all ready to guide and advise you
- We will pay for you to attend college for one day a week and gain your qualification whilst earning a real wage (remember we pay above average Apprentice wage
What we look for in a Dynex Apprentice
Qualifications are important but the right attitude and desire to learn critical skills and to work for Dynex is what really counts. We look for a minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade 6 – 9 (or Grades A-C) as an indicator of your ability to learn but you should be able to show us that you are:
|Organised||Curious||Pragmatic||Persuasive||Team Player||Customer Focused|
- Build a secure career – whether you are just starting your career or between jobs becoming a Dynex Apprentice will give you secure employment whilst you learn.
- Substantial yearly salary increments for the first three years of the scheme despite already starting on an above average Apprentice wage
- One paid day a week to attend college and gain your qualification, along with all course fees paid for by Dynex
- 24 days holiday + 8 bank holidays and your holiday allowance will increase with length of service. On top of that we offer a holiday purchase scheme when you can purchase up to 5 additional days (saving on Tax and NI)
Some of our more standard benefits across site include:
- Free on site car parking
- Subsidised canteen
- Contributory Pension
- 4 x Life assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced Company sick pay
- Professional Membership fees paid e.g. CIPD, IEEE
- Family Friendly policies
- An Independent 24 hour confidential counselling service
Are you interested in joining Dynex?
If you are excited by what you have just read then it’s time to apply. . .
We advertise our Apprentice vacancies from March to May each year ready for the programme to start in September.
We simply ask you to upload a copy of your CV onto our website or send us an email to the details below. Its also useful if applicants upload a covering letter as this helps us to learn more about you.
After the closing date we will sift the applications and decide a shortlist. If you haven’t been selected we will let you know as we always get back to people. If you are lucky enough to have been shortlisted we will invite you to attend an assessment centre on the date advertised on the Apprenticeship advert. The best approach for the assessment centre is to be well prepared. Our top tips can help you succeed.
If you are successful at the Assessment Centre, you will be invited back to attend an interview. A decision on whether to offer you an apprenticeship with us will be decided within a week of the interview date.